Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crazy tights brighten a cloudy day...

Today the sun was hiding behind the clouds all day. On days like today I try to wear bright colors to contrast the dreary day, but today I said screw it and threw on my oldest and best worn in boots and favorite cardigan.

I work in a building in a room without windows - blah! My point is that I never really have to dress for the weather because I am only outside for about 5 minutes a day. However at work, even in the dead of winter they have the air conditioner blowing on full so no matter what outfit I pick out I always have to factor in some sort of sweater or cardigan. Good thing that one of my favorite things is cardigans! I must own at least 20 in different colors and styles. I know I know... excess. But I just never feel like you can have too many cardigans, especially black ones. 


These are my favorite boots. They have been everywhere with me. I can't remember where I bought them but it was back in 2004 and at the time they were a huge splurge (probably only $20). They have traveled to mulitple states and countries with me and only recently have they begun to show wear and tear. Now that is a good pair of boots! I just can't stand to part with them. They have too many memories associated with them. Is that crazy to keep a pair of shoes just because you remember everywhere you walked in them the second you put them on?!


These tights were purchased during my semester abroad in Rome. They came from a tiny little shop that only sold tights.... It was the best store in Roma - second only to the store that sold gelato!






This is my go-to winter coat. It was purchased at Target 2 winters ago for only $11. I was drawn to it because it has a beautiful teal lining. The same day I also bought it in tan with a fuchsia lining, but silly me I returned it thinking that the 11 dollars was more important than an amazing winter coat. I kick myself when i think about it now.



Outfit Details:
Cardigan: New York & Company (red label)
Shorts:  JCPenny
T-Shirt: JCrew
Watch/Bracelets: NY&Co
Scarf: Boscovs

Ok, well I am off to go watch something stupid on TV before the boy comes home and puts on sports. :) 

<3
Buttons & Bobbins

No comments:

Post a Comment