Monday, April 16, 2012

Everything that Sparkles

At this time last year I was pulling 12 hours shifts and going out of my mind.  This year we are only doing 10 hour shifts and I am still pulling my hair out. However, I was super smart a year ago and took advantage of working 12 hour days. My co-worker David and I used our 10 minute break wisely and decided to do a mini photo shoot around work.  I can't believe I had these photos sitting on my hard-drive for a year and didn't do anything with them.

Since I mention my work so much I figured I might as well show you around. 

I work at a dance wear company where we design, manufacture and ship costumes around the world. Guess you could say that we are kinda a big deal.

I am surrounded by sequin and sparkles and tutus all day. You would think it wouldn't get old... trust me. It does. Not to mention you find sequins in really strange places when you get home like inside your shoe or even in your undies. Not sure how to explain that one. 




This is the sequin wall. It sparkles like the sun. 



This is David. He keeps me sane. 


Year old outfit, but I still would wear it today. Actually I may just wear it tomorrow. Done and done. 

Jeans: Levi's
Top: Lauren Conrad for Kohls
Shoes: Steve Madden


The factory floor minus all the workers. 





Surrounded by tutus and spandex. Here is our sample closet where we hold onto at least one sample for each costume we are currently manufacturing. The clothing racks go up 4 levels and wrap around 2/3 of the room. It is a pretty impressive and sparkly sight. 


This is also in the sample closet which doubles as the photo shoot room. We have models much better than me to come in and show off the designs.  


David again.... proving that he could be the next big thing in the modeling industry. Ralph Lauren, you looking for a new model? I think I found your guy!!


This is my computer and the program that I work on daily. 
I do what is called Marker Making. It is my job to arrange the pattern pieces onto the fabric to achieve the best fabric utilization. To sum up... It is similar to working with a puzzle or Tetris all day long. It takes a lot of math, creativity and patience.

There ya go guys... a sneak peak into my daily life. 
Part two to come at a later date... 


No comments:

Post a Comment