Saturday, April 14, 2012

It Has Been a Fast Year....


Happy (Late) 1 Year Birthday Buttons & Bobbins!!!

This past year has flown by in a blink of an eye. 

I can't believe that I missed the one year birthday of this here baby blog. That is as bad as forgetting the birthday of a friend. 

When I started a fashion/style blog I really did not know what to expect and knew nothing about online blogging. I knew only that I loved fashion and I wanted a way to express myself.  I hoped I could use my blog as a way to document my style as well as a way to connect to other girls with the same interests. I started Buttons & Bobbins a year ago as a way to stay connected to my passion for style and fashion and as a tool to weed out my closet. (Which really has helped!)

I have thought about it and have decided that my blogging this past year has been a bit of a disappointment.  I had admired so many fashion bloggers who update constantly and find amazing places to take photos. I admire that they have the time to go to these places and take photos and edit and post them with quirky comments. I admired their extensive closet and unending inspiration. Inspired by all of those ladies I too had all of these grand ideas which fell thru due to lack of time. Working in the fashion/costume industry has given me little time to blog about fashion. Ironic. Even though I suck at posting , I have been very dedicated to taking photos over the past year, even if they are just photos against a brick wall. (I promise to get more creative with locations.)

This leads me to my next topic... this past weekend I have been going into my computer's photo archives and I have found bunches of photos that got lost in the mix and were never posted. It is fun to look back and see that something I wore only a year ago may not be something I would put together today. Crazy how style changes so fast. 

So within the next few weeks I will be posting those past outfits.  I will post when the outfits were actually worn in the hopes to avoid confusion. There will be snow photos posted one day and then a summer photo posted the next. (Weather in PA is crazy, but not that fickle.)

I thought that this blog anniversary would be a great opportunity to rethink some things on Buttons & Bobbins. 

First, I have enlisted the help of a friend to redo the layout.  Something that I have wanted to do since day one. 

Secondly, I want to pick a specific direction to take the blog. For example I want to have a set topic per day of the week.  Monday might be the shoe of the week, Tuesday might be the outfit post, Wednesday a movie or music post.... so on and so forth. That will take some adjusting and perfecting, but I think the structure will help me be more diligent to blogging (which has been my biggest struggle.)  I honestly would love to co-write the blog with a certain friend.  So we could see how our styles differ. But I don't know how she would feel about that. 

Thirdly and finally, I promise to post more. I don't want to have to play catch up constantly.  Why am I so good at taking the photos and so slow at posting them online? I guess staring at a screen all day makes me less inclined to come home and stare at one some more.  

Alright folks... fingers crossed that I can actually stick to the plan and in a year from now I will be writing in my perfect little blog. Thanks for reading and keep coming back! (I promise it will get better.)  :)


image  via google image search

No comments:

Post a Comment