Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Needle Pulling Thread


Half way thru the week... I've made it half way thru. *sigh of relief* Looking forward to tomorrow. Brian is taking me to another Phillies Game. I have my Hunter Pence t-shirt washed and ready to wear! Since tomorrow will be a t-shirt day I decided to go slightly "dressier" today. 

This shirt was a sewing project which had been sitting on my machine for a year. Two weekends ago I finally got around to cleaning off my sewing table and getting a dozen sewing projects finished.  This was once a dress from Old Navy. (I should have taken a before photo.) I had worn it a lot because I loved the print, but the material was really cheap and the seams kept tearing. I slowly kept taking the seams in and adding fray-check. However, I finally took in enough that it didn't fit over my big hips. oops. Not ready to part with this pretty print I was forced to problem solve... So I just cut off the bottom. Problem solved... I now have a a pretty blouse! A degree in fashion design and look.. I can turn a dress into a shirt. Wow.. my professors would be proud. More challenging sewing projects to come.. promise.

Hoping the rest of the week goes quick for everyone. Goodnight!

  

Blouse: Old Navy (once a dress)
Jeans: American Eagle 
Shoes: Blowfish
Purse: B. Makowsky
Necklace: JCPenny 





Best purse ever. I found it at my new obsession... Plato's Closet.
It was a brand new with tags still on it B. Makowsky purse. Retailed at almost $200... but I scored this beauty for only $12!!! It is a dream come true. I wanted a new purse for fall, but I only splurge on shoes... not purses so this was fate. Brand new leather purse for under 20 bucks. Can't even get a faux leather purse for that little.

And a little dose of cuteness. Hello Mr. Bobbins! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment