Monday, January 9, 2012

I AM BACK.

Happy New Year to one and all!! 
Hope the first 9 days of 2012 have been amazing for everyone! 

I know that I have fallen away from the blogging world for a while and was slapped in the face with that realization when my sister texted me saying "I know what your New Years resolution should be... to blog again!"

I took a second to remember why I stopped in the first place. I had tons of photos to post from Fall and inspiration boards and links to amazing shoes. I had planned to do movie reviews and to do little write-ups about holiday shopping. But nope... none of those things happened. I still have all of those things and you will be seeing all of them (minus the Holiday shopping guides--- a little too late for that.)

After Halloween my life took a crazy spiral into busy time at work and the holidays. I was going to have a quick break from the blog.. a week or two tops but those weeks turned into months. Made me sad to see my little blog sitting there everyday unloved. 

But fear not friends... just because I wasn't posting photos of myself all over the web, that doesn't mean I wasn't online shopping everyday and reading every fashion blog I could find searching for and soaking up all the inspiration I could. 

New Year.... crazier life:

We have officially entered our busy season at work which means overtime and working every Saturday ... so to me that equals 'time to start blogging again.' Crazy right?!

Not so crazy! I need my fashion time!! This time of year leaves little time for me to do anything other than work. I leave my apartment at 6:15 in my morning and don't get home until a little after 6:30. Once I eat, play with the kitties and give a quick kiss to B I have no more time to do anything other than relax on the couch while I watch mind numbing t.v. (just got hooked on Big Bang Theory... amazing!) Anyway... Blogging will be that thing I force myself to do during that  t.v time in order to stay creative and involved in the fashion world. Sounds like a good plan to me. 

This past Friday I finally got home from work and it was still daylight out. First of all it felt so good to have the sun on my face - soaking up the vitamin D, but I also didn't hesitate to take advantage of the few short sun soaked minutes. I took my first outfit photos in weeks and I made me realize how much I miss blogging. So... here I am! :) 

Sorry that was super wordy--- I haven't typed in months remember... I have a lot to say! 

Well here are a few photos.... 


Nothing fancy for the New Year. All old stuff. The shirt was actually a Missoni piece from Target which didn't fit right. I wore it for the photos and that was it. Back to the store it went. 

I do wish that I had held onto it in order to style it a few different ways:

- Tucked into a pencil skirt. 
-Belted with a bright red belt.
-Worn with high waisted flare jeans.
-Worn with black vest. 
-Worn with any color cardigan...a pop of color!

Guess I wasn't feeling super creative this day because I stuck with the boring black and white. Ah, hindsight.



Jeans: BDG from Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Target
Shirt: Missoni for Target



No comments:

Post a Comment