Monday, August 8, 2011

Long Time Old Friend....

So it feels like forever for me since I have done an outfit post. I have been taking photos almost everyday but in typical Emily fashion I lost the camera cord and then of course I kept forgetting to look for it. Oops. Well, I finally found it!! It was lost amongst all of my clothes and shoes. At least that is a pretty awesome place to be lost. 

This outfit was from a week or so ago. It was insanely hot outside so I opted to take photos inside in an air conditioned room-- can you blame me?! Plus I now have two little kittens who follow me everywhere and I was afraid they would escape onto the balcony... and then that would be a scary far 8 story drop. So instead of a brick wall -- I present to you a bright sunny yellow wall. 

Today I wore a whole bunch of old favorites that I dug out of the back of my closet.  Oldies but goodies that I have held onto for years.  Sometimes I think of giving them away, but that would be like giving away some of my favorite children. It just wouldn't be right.



Jeans: American Eagle 
(super old but they just brought back the trouser style)
Vest: Ann Taylor LOFT
T-Shirt: J Crew outlets
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Candies at Kohls

This is Bobbins.

This is Buttons.

I have been trying to use accessories more lately. I have lots of beautiful fun costume necklaces that have hiding in drawers. Well they are out and ready to be shown off. I have been trying to pick a necklace and then design the outfit around that one piece. I use to do that with shoes but now I plan to challenge myself to use jewelry more. It is time for this shoe lover to branch out more.

During the shoot the kitties kinda stole the show and kept jumping into the photos. 
But I can't be too upset.. they are just too cute! I am sure they will make many more appearances on the blog in the future. 








1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww! I always love when animals pop into outfit pictures. Your kitties are so sweet!! Aw. My great grandparents' cat just had kittens and they have definitely turned me into a cat person. I love it! Your necklaces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete