Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Steal or Splurge


I am a bargain huntress.
 When I find a pair of shoes that I love I will hunt and hunt until I find the best deal. But recently I ran into a new problem.  What if the best deal comes from a copy or a knockoff of the original design? That is when the real debate begins. 

Over a month ago I had fallen in love with a pair of Steve Madden boots that I saw on display at Nordstrom. The style and the design were exactly what I was looking for, but then it happened.  As I was walking around Target I spotted boots that were almost identical to my Madden crushes.

Trust me when I say that I am horrible at making decisions and this was a big one.... at least in terms of shoe shopping. 


target



 Keava Boot by Mossimo Supply Co. 

34.99

vs.

Banddit Boot by Steve Madden

$169.99

The decisions was made up almost immediately when I saw that price. You are telling me that I could save over a hundred dollars and still have the style?! Sign me up! My mind started to race thru how many more shoes I could end up buying with all that left over money!! 

However upon closer inspection the Target boots were not real leather, the sole seemed slippery, and they simply were not as comfortable. So which is more important? Comfort, money or buying a shoe that lasts?

In the end it was a really tough decision, but I ended up buying the Steve Maddens (on sale and with a gift card- don't forget that I am a bargain huntress!)  I decided that it is more important for me to invest in a pair of shoes that are well constructed and will last many many seasons.

So what would you do? Go for the steal or the splurge? 

No comments:

Post a Comment