Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Casey Lea Like - Shoes

I would have to say that the best thing my University ever did for me was pair me up with a fellow fashion obsessed girl freshmen year. Hey name is Casey Lea.  We bonded over our love of clothes, piercings and all things Gilmore Girls. She became one of my best friends and was my roommate for all four years. 

She opened me up to the color brown and bands such as Death Cab, Fall Out Boy and Mae... I opened her up to the color black and Third Eye Blind!

Together we became somewhat inseparable and people asked us over and over again if we were actually related.  

Casey working hard in the hallway.  
Traveling around Italy. 

We had classes together, lived together and even worked together a while. I have no idea how we didn't kill each other at times. 


She was known for waking me up in the middle of the night to make grilled cheese because she "just can't sleep on an empty stomach."  


 We studied abroad in Rome and even made an unforgettable trip to India together. All of which we survived. 

We were big fans of mirror photos Freshmen Year. 

Ice cream trips were the best kind. 

Finally taking a break senior year after our crits were done. 
Graduation day. 

All night sewing sessions and walks around downtown Philly for no reason. Gilmore Girl marathons and bubble tea.  I miss her now that NYC has stolen her away. 


Visiting Casey Lea in NYC. 
Fun in the Florida sun. 
Key West. 

The House of the Mouse. 
London. 

India. 

***Sorry for the overload of Casey photos but I just had to do a picture recap of our time together and introduce my blog to this crazy awesome girl. You guys are actually lucky that I edited out a bunch of photos.  We probably have thousands of photos over our years and trips together. What can I say? I am photo happy sometimes!!***

Anyway, I trust her fashion advice and wish we lived closer so I could still be borrowing things out of her closet. Two closets worth of clothes is always better than one!

So when she texts me that she has found the perfect shoe for my blog I knew I had to trust her opinion. 

So here is the first of hopefully many Casey Lea Likes... I present her shoe pick.





all images via Endless

How adorable are these?! 


A huge trend in shoes for spring and summer is the flat platform wedge or "Flatform." I am seeing them all over magazines and stores. They seem so practical and comfortable yet keeping that cute stylish look. 



What? Gee WaWa Women's Daphne Two-Piece Flatform

How Much? $115-128

Where? She got her pair at Free People, but they are also available at Endless


She says they are extremely comfortable which will be perfect for her to walk all around NYC in the summer. 

These are perfect transition shoes. She could honestly wear them in all seasons and since they are closed toe they would be perfect for most workplaces. 

I love the color choices. If i were to buy a pair I would be torn between the black and tan or the yellow and purple. 

She may have just convinced me to buy a pair. Oh that tricky Casey Lea... her picks are just too fun to pass up!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment