Thursday, March 22, 2012

To Dress like Katniss

Time to update my look... Hunger Games style. 

As I was reading the Hunger Games books I found myself wanted to dress more and more like the character of Katniss. I found myself inspired by her style in the arena and leaving me wanting her leather hunting boots and her father's hunting jacket which was worn to perfection. 

I actually did go out seeking a pair boots similar to what I expected Katniss would wear. I couldn't get them off my mind... my inner hunger games victor needed these boots to survive. And I can't deny a need for shoes.   

image via Nordstrom

Katniss served as my inspiration and I was pulling clothes out of my closet that I would normally look right past. I was putting together pieces that were not my typical style, yet I felt comfortable in them all day. 

This outfit in particular had people commenting to me about how it looked like I was an "outdoors girl" or that I was "going camping." I wasn't exactly getting "you look like Katniss," but close enough. 

Now I know Katniss wouldn't be wearing heels in the arena. But seriously I can't take her style literally guys... where would I put the bow and arrow all day if I did?! 

In all seriousness I would love to purchase a mockingjay pin (I'm a nerd). I think it would be a fun accessory to any jacket and subtle nod to the books/movie.



I really wish I was better at braiding my own hair. I would love to perfect the art of doing a side braid. This one here was fun for a while, but kept falling out and became more bobby pins than braid by the end of the day. If I could master the braid it would help spice things up and I would have a whopping four different things that I could do with my hair. 



Outfit:
(all past season styles)
Jeans: American Eagle
T-Shirt: GAP
Shirt: NY&Company
Shoes: Blowfish
Vest: JCPenny






No comments:

Post a Comment