Saturday, July 2, 2011

Style Inspiration

Even after going to school for fashion design I never really developed a favorite fashion designer. Most of my classmates found one designer that inspired them and helped shape their own collectoins. I however, could spend hours and hours on style.com searching the runway shows and finding inspiration for all designers but never claiming one as my favorite. I just love how they each with their own idea of what is going to be the next great thing and I love watching how they interpret the trends each season. I love couture lines for their theatrical styles, but my favorite is to always watch the Ready to Wear lines. I find it easiest to find inspiration from the ready to wear lines in order to shape an outfit that I could create from my own closet. 

Even 3 years out of college I still search style.com for inspiration. Today I find myself inspired by the Fall RTW collection from Alice + Olivia. I instantly fell in love with the colors, the textures, the mix of fabrics and the silhouettes.  

Enjoy...

This dress would even make a beautiful wedding dress. 

The texture of this dress makes me wish I could reach thru my
computer screen. 





This dress belongs in my closet. I love that sparkle!

Black and white... perfection!

All photos via style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment