Sunday, May 20, 2012

Flashback to Fur

I am dreaming of days when I can again wear fur trimmed cardigans... It is too damn hot out there already. And yes I know it is only going to be 80 today.  That is hot enough!  

I think it is time for me to move farther north. Wonder if Alaska has any room for me and all my shoes. 


I don't know if I really need to say that these photos are from a few months ago... but there ya go... they were back from when the weather was colder and wearing a fur collared cardigan wouldn't make you sweat your butt off. 


I found this cardigan at Ann Taylor Loft on Fashion Night Out. I was there with my friend Rachel and when I put it on I could see it on her face that she actually liked how it looked - not just a smile and pretend you like it- sort of response. A friend can always tell. 

As much as I loved it that first night I kept my bank account in mind and decided to wait for a good sale. Which is exactly what I did and any girl can agree that buying something half off makes the sweater you once liked into a sweater that you LOVE!

My kitten Bobbins also loves this sweater and I found his dragging it around the apartment as if it was a rabbit he had just killed. Needless to say, it (and all my other fur items) are now locked away in a closet where he can't reach them. Silly Bobbins. 

But since Bobbins adored this cardigan so much, I thought it only fitting to wear it with my Old Navy cat blouse. 

I am and will always be a crazy cat woman who will buy any item on clothing as long as there are cute cats on it.   What can I say?...I am obsessed. 


Side-note--- these Pembrook booties from Steve Madden have been my go-to bootie for the winter and now spring months. In hindsight I really should have suede protected them because they are really starting to show signs of wear, but I love them so much! After putting insets in them, they have served as the most comfortable heeled bootie I have ever owned. (Plus you can't see it here but the opening totally makes your ankles look super tiny!) I highly suggest you all run out and get them now that they are on clearance!




*jeans: American Eagle
*blouse: Old Navy
*cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft
*booties: Steve Madden "pembrook"



No comments:

Post a Comment