Monday, May 14, 2012

Bling Bling


Sometimes you just need a little sparkle in your life. 

 

I have to constantly remind myself to take risks with what I wear to work. When I don't find inspiration in my closet instantly I get flustered and give up. Giving up usually results in me wearing my tried yet true jeans, moccasins, and t-shirt. While there is nothing wrong with wearing the basics, I have a closet full of clothes that never get any love because at times I am a fashion chicken.

I sometimes need to challenge myself to avoid being a chicken. On this particular day my challenge was to wear a sparkle jacket that I just "had to have" when I saw it in stores. 

I found that pairing it with a simple white tee underneath made the outfit a bit more casual and work appropriate.  I wanted to look chic--- not like I was going to a disco. I also paired it with my ultra long jeans and 4 inch heels to add a bit of sassiness. I wanted to feel sexy but tuff and for me, that always includes cute shoes!

I also kept the accessories simple. While I do love a fun ring or necklace, I wanted to keep the focus on the blazer. You really don't need to compete with hundreds of sequins.







*jeans: American Eagle
*shoes: Tinley Road via Piperlime
*blazer: Kardashian Line for Sears
*white t-shirt: Target clearance rack

No comments:

Post a Comment