Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Road-Trip

Flash back to a week ago today... and I would be 3 hours into an 8 hour road trip towards North Carolina. 

Brian and I took a mini vacation last week to the Outer Banks for his best friend's wedding. I had no idea what to expect. I am not really a beach girl. I can handle it in small doses and mostly when it isn't too crazy hot outside... well it was crazy hot outside! (but luckily not as hot as the PA we were leaving behind)

I may not be a summer girl, but I do love to put my toes in the sand and let the waves wash over my feet as I slowly sink into the shore. 

We got into town really late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. We woke up Thursday to a gorgeous day at the beach and we wanted to take full advantage of staying right on the shore. We went for a lovely and sweaty walk down the beach. This fully proved to me that I hate the beach in the summer.... I was sweating and my legs were burning from walking on the soft sand (how did David Hasselhoff do this for season after season of Baywatch?!)  I went ankle deep into the ocean and not an inch more. 

Then I went back into the shade where my poor fair skin couldn't burn. Even with SPF 70 my skin was hurting. 

It is not a road-trip without Sonic drinks and lots of bathroom stops!

The perk of being a passenger... putting your feet up!




Much much more peaceful than the Jersey Shore!


off came the shoes! 


Due to a fire close by the whole sky was full of smoke and haze.
It smelled like a big campfire.

I love finding shells... my pockets were full by the end of the night. 

We had a party on the beach to celebrate the soon to be couple. All of the family and friends in town showed up and we spent the night drinking and talking and catching ghost crabs (or in my case - running away from them!)

All in all... a great first day at the shore.

<3 Em

No comments:

Post a Comment