Wednesday, April 6, 2011

ARTWORK FOR MY FEET...

A pair of shoes can really make or break your day. 


These shoes made me smile and happy all day. How can they not?! They are the cutest things anyone could ever put on their feet. Pencil shoes!! Crazy!! A little painful - I have the blisters to prove it - but worth it! Hopefully next time it is a little less painful because I see myself wearing these a whole heck of a lot.

The pencil shoes really inspired my whole look today. This whole outfit has been sitting next to my closet for over a month. I snatched these off of ModCloth before they sold out - thank god! But it is so annoying to buy adorable shoes in the middle of winter - I couldn't wait to wear them. Checked out the forcast and it was a little gift from the weather gods...today was somewhat sunny or at least there was no rain so I took advantage and busted these beauties out of their box. 



I decided to go for a school look inspired outfit. This cardigan is from Urban and is so comfortable.  I did struggle with what to wear under it seeing as I typically reach for a t-shirt. After tearing my closet and dressers apart I thought I'd try something a little different and go for a ruffle button down shirt. 


Went outside after work to take photos and the wind just really went crazy. Crazy intense wind is one of the big negatives of living on the 8th floor. I fear the building will blow over someday. My hair wasn't behaving for me at all today or really any day lately. I am in desperate need of a hair cut and when this happens I find myself always just throwing it up in a ponytail.  However, even a ponytail did not keep my hair from blowing every which way during the photos.  I guess I should just invest in a fun hat for situations like this.  



Bet you wish you had these on your feet!!

Gave my feet a short break from the awesomeness of those shoes...
plus I love the feel of fake grass stuff under my feet. 

Crazy hair.


By far my favorite snap. Looks like I am surfing the wind.  
I let go of my hair for this shot and you can easily see how crazy the wind was outside.

Outfit Details:
Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Blouse: GAP
Jeans: GAP
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell from ModCloth
Watch: NY & Company

<3
b&b

No comments:

Post a Comment