Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Day for Mom

Happy Mother's Day!!! 

I love this day... not because I am a mom -that wont happen for a long long time- but because my mom does so much and deserves at least one day.  Simply put...my mom is awesome and i'd be lucky if I turn into her someday.  

To celebrate my family all came to visit.  It was a nice relaxing day. We stayed in and ate an amazing lasagna that my mom had prepared. I did offer to make dinner but I am not the best cook and my mom is no idiot so she suggested she bring the food instead. However... I did make desert! Peppermint pattie brownies! :) so yummy!!!  3 sticks of butter and more cups of sugar than i'd like to admit --- and trust me I pretended it was fat free!!  It would have been a good day to wear stretchy pants!

Mom and Dad relaxing on our "fancy" patio furniture.

Their visit would not be complete without a photo session. I love capturing a moment in a photo and everyone else just had to deal with it. My apartment... my rules!


This is what happens when I unleashed my hair...
but don't worry... I got it under control. 
What would the world come to without hair ties!?


Me, Mom, Kate

The whole fam.

A mother's day gift tradition.



And then I forced B to pose with me. 
He agreed quickly because he knows I don't give up easily.

There is something wrong about a mom helping cook on Mother's Day.
But it was AMAZING!! 

This weekend went so fast. Back to work tomorrow...sad. Weekends should be much longer. If I ran the world I would make it so!! 

ps: I went for simple outfit today... mainly because it was the first thing I found in my drawer and I didn't feel like digging. 

Jeans: American Eagle (now on clearance)
Flats: American Eagle 
(also on clearance and the most comfortable shoes - feels like slippers)
T-Shirt: Gap
Glasses: Warby Parker


No comments:

Post a Comment